Monday 12 September 2011

A Bit of "Spare" Time

I call it spare time completely tongue in cheek as it was time I really should have been hovering or doing some form of paperwork but the urge to do some knitting just grabbed me! I wont pretend to be a knitter, as I'm really not, but I do like to pick it up occasionally and see what I can put together.

The problem I have with knitting is, as I am a total novice, it just goes so slowly!! I'm quite an impatient person and I never seem to get anywhere fast with any pattern I try so I usually end up getting a bit bored and move onto something else. But on this particular Sunday the urge just grabbed me and didn't let go all day, and I have to say it was a day well spent!

I made this cute little basket. I made it up as I went along really but it turned out quite nicely! Then on our evening walk with the dog we picked up conkers, acorns (which arent quite ready but I like to show the children different stages up close) and some pine cones.

This was the other little thing I made. I got the pattern from 'Creative Play for your baby'. It's suposed to be a sheep, but the ears are a little out of proportion so I think it looks more like a pig really! But he is still quite cute if I do say so myself!

I also just wanted to take this opportunity to properly introduce Popcorn!

We've had him for about 2 weeks now, we were told he is a Mini Lop but we think he's more of a Dwarf Lop. He is about 17 weeks old now. He's inquisitive, full of energy, and has a bit of attitude! We are keeping him as an indoor and outdoor rabbit. His main run is in the garden but he also has an indoor cage and loves to come in for cuddles and run around the house for a bit!

As you can imagin the children all LOVE him! I have one little boy who only recently started comming to me, and is a recent crawler but Popcorn is one big incentive to get him moving!

He is settling in very nicely, our dog (J) was a little unsure of Popcorn at first but they are becoming great friends gradually!

Next up I want to try my hand at some crochet... I found a book at the library last week full of patterns to make 'Crobots' = crochet robots!!!! They are amazing and I really want to make some for my nephews for Christmas, they will love them!

1 comment:

  1. wow!!! Love them and really wish I was better at knitting. I couldn't even manage that scarf you showed me last year! Maybe we will have to have a knitting day and you can spur me on and sort out all the stitches I add or loose with out knowing how!
    Fabby stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.